Goals against the run of play deflated United at times last season, but this time around it looked as if Stoke's opener had a galvanising effect, nearly as if they entered another gear. Matic flicks on a corner delivery and Pogba's header bounces off Rashford and into the back of the net.
The Red Devils were looking to extend their 100% record to four games this season but came up against a Stoke side eager to attack whenever possible.
As the final whistle blew, Mourinho refused to shake Hughes' hand.
The Cameroon global, signed from Schalke in the summer, opened the scoring on the stroke of half-time - and registered his first goal in Stoke colours.
Still, Mourinho declared himself pleased with United's position on top of the table, ahead of Manchester City on goal difference.
"No, I'm not satisfied with a point because we were the team closer to winning", he said via his club's site.
An unbalanced and very unlucky Manchester United team failed to breakdown Stoke City in both Premier League meetings last season as the two clashes ended in 1-1 draws. In the second half, Romelu Lukaku gave United the lead with a brace for United, but a full three points for the visitors were denied after Moting equalised yet again, thereby sharing points. I'm not happy with what you did to me, but it's my fault, because the way I was playing I can understand the change.
'You always hope that when you bring new players in that they will hit the ground running, and I have to say that since he has walked through the door he has impacted the games he has been involved in. He creates an element of security and confidence that bring the most talented players to express their quality going forward.
- Buoyant NI housing market contrasts with other United Kingdom regions
- Amber Alert canceled, TN 3-month-old found safe
- Michael Flynn Refuses to Testify Before Senate Intelligence Committee
- Giant billboard bashing National Football League will be up in LA for 3 weeks
- Girard Partners LTD. Has $271000 Holdings in CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL)
- Melrose Industries PLC (MRO) Announces Dividend of GBX 1.40
- Amnesty calls for ban on pellet guns in Held Kashmir
- Insider Activity: Is Management Buying Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC)?
- Apple announces new Apple Watch series 3 with LTE connectivity
- New Mexico coach under investigation for mistreating players