Future and Cher have used Auto-Tune in different ways throughout their careers. The unlikely pair have recorded a version of Sly and the Family Stone classic "Everyday People", and will appear onscreen serenading each other in a new ad for Gap.
So of course, the brains behind marketing the most American brand got together to conceptualize the brilliant idea of making their brand even more American by pairing Cher with one of the hottest rappers of all time: Future.
"When Gap said they wanted to team me up with a young artist I knew it would be really attractive", Cher said of Future. In the video, the 71-year-old trailblazer and the 33-year-old rapper meet in a blank studio space reminiscent to Drake's "Hotline Bling" set to sing a duet (which is mostly just Cher singing solo because, DUH). "I didn't know who Future was before this but I knew it would be so fun to work with someone who is completely unlike me, and who is young, really talented and striving". "She's a true performer and a legend".
"It's part of my DNA, growing up wearing Gap and now to see my son wearing it and in a campaign ties the whole family together", Future told PEOPLE magazine.
Future says he plans to save the leather jacket he wore in the campaign for his son.
"With both of us being in campaigns for Gap I think it would be cool to pass down that piece of memory to him", he said.
Future also spoke to the ad's theme, saying in a statement, "There was a great dynamic when working with Cher and we felt like we were doing something so much bigger than the two of us". The two artists are icons from different eras, genres and backgrounds altogether but that's the appeal.
- Angelina Jolie hints new movie caused her split from Brad Pitt
- Suit: Starbucks 'Extra Hot' Tea Scalded Woman, Killed Dog
- Paul Ryan: Trump Shouldn't End DACA, Congress Should Fix It
- Paris to host 2024 Olympics, 100 years since its last Games
- Watch Maggie Gyllenhaal Address Rumored Taylor Swift Song Mention
- Chelsea crush Qarabag debutants on return to Europe
- Windows Fall Creators Update will shake up privacy settings
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Stock Price is -0.67% away from 20 SMA
- Lander jumps in rankings on US News and World Report lists
- Boris Johnson to visit islands affected by Hurricane Irma