With Hyperloop One, passengers and cargo are loaded into a pod, and accelerate gradually via electric propulsion through a low-pressure tube.
Of particular note, is that Hyperloop One has entered into a public-private partnership with the Colorado Department of Transportation and together they will begin a thorough feasibility study of a potential route and all that it might be able to provide in terms of transport and freight.
"We are excited to partner with Hyperloop One in exploring the next step of feasibility of this innovative technology, potentially transforming how Colorado moves", CDOT executive director Shailen Bhatt said. Colorado has also positioned itself as a global technology and startup hub, and an alternative destination to Silicon Valley, and a Hyperloop network connecting communities would definitely help continue to build out that image. The proposed Colorado route would include stops in Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Denver, Greeley and Cheyenne. However, Hyperloop One states that it "will commit meaningful business and engineering resources and work closely with each of the winning teams/routes to determine their commercial viability", going forward.
"The Global Challenge became a movement of thousands of people from more than 100 countries over six continents". Once it picks up enough speed, the pod lifts above the track with magnetic levitation, allowing it to glide at airline speeds thanks to its ultra-low aerodynamic drag.
Imagine if you could make the 110-mile trip from Pueblo to Denver not in the normal two hours of travel time, but rather in less than 30 minutes.
Hyperloop One is led by Rob Lloyd. Ten teams across five countries (Mexico, India, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada) were picked from the original 2,600 submissions, and the routes range in size from about 200 to almost 700 miles, depending on the location.
"We had tremendous interest in this competition, and these 10 teams each had their unique strengths in showcasing how they will alleviate serious transportation issues in their regions", Hyperloop One CEO Rob Lloyd said. The company made history this summer with the successful completion of the world's first-full scale hyperloop test, the release stated. Now it has whittled that number down to 10, including four routes in the US: the Denver metro; from Chicago to Pittsburgh; from Miami to Orlando; and from Dallas to Houston.
- Tigers SP Buck Farmer Denies Intentionally Hitting Umpire with Pitch vs. Indians
- Irish Greyhound Racing Champion Tests Positive for Cocaine
- Comedy Central Extends Trevor Noah Through 2022
- Price Target Analysis Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (VRX)
- President Trump to visit hurricane-ravaged Florida Thursday
- Hurricanes Harvey & Irma Affect US Apparel Retailers More Than Restaurants
- Houston Texans quarterback controversy: Does Tom Savage deserve to be pulled out?
- Police arrest CEO of world's largest meatpacker
- Grant Hart of Husker Du Dies at 56
- Attorneys For Freddie Gray's Family Allege Police Sabotaged Gray's Death Investigation