Angelina Jolie's children couldn't help having a good old chuckle behind the scenes before they hit the red carpet at the Toronto International Film Festival on Monday!
Jolie tells The Associated Press that she had the script for "First They Killed My Father" for several years, but moved forward with filming only after Maddox said he was ready.
Maddox, who Angelina adopted from Cambodia in 2002, is listed as an executive producer on the film, and recently gave his first ever interview on what it was like producing alongside Angelina.
But she also says the film, in select theaters and on Netflix on Friday, represents events happening elsewhere now, including Syria and Myanmar. Though slight as a sylph, she says she doesn't exercise, beyond dipping into the pool with her kids and vaguely intending to someday jump on a treadmill. I want them to have a strong work ethic. "He's been practicing flying, then they (instructors) called me the other day and said, 'So Mad can go solo, ' and I almost dropped the phone!"
When opening up about her divorce and her six children: Maddox, 16; Pax, 13; Zahara, 12; Shiloh, 11; and twins Vivienne and Knox, 9, she praised them, while throwing shade at Pitt. When the interviewer followed up by asking if her family was healthy, Angelina Jolie replied, "they're getting better". "They're the best friends I've ever had".
Speaking to People magazine, she said: "I have had my ups and downs". But being in a country where its gracious, humble people had experienced so much hardship threw her Hollywood wild child life into unflattering relief, she told the Times.
Angelina has spoken a lot this week about splitting from Brad last September, when she filed for divorce following an "incident" on a private jet.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt during one of their last public appearances together in late 2015. "That there was going to have to be another base regardless of everything", she says.
The new house, once the residence of the legendary filmmaker Cecil B DeMille, is a beauty, with a library, rolling lawns, cascading fountains that burble into the pool, and a view of the Griffith Observatory.
I asked how everyone is doing now. "It's very, very hard, a very painful situation, and I just want my family healthy", she said quietly.
Jolie also spoke about her image as the perennial vixen, and that of Pitt's - his revealing first interview post split further strengthened his down-to-earth vibe.
Angelina, who appeared at The Breadwinner premiere with most of her children earlier this week, has got a few movie projects in the pipeline but has taken some time off to deal with her personal life and work around her kids.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (NASDAQ:CTSH) Insider Sells $1775000.00 in Stock
- Wednesday Evening Weather: Warm To End Work Week
- Stefon Diggs and the NFL's best Week 1 celebrations
- Today Analysts Focus on Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), Invesco Ltd. (IVZ)
- Congress approves measure condemning Charlottesville violence, white nationalists
- PlayStation Troll Jose Mourinho On Twitter After Post-Match Comments
- Simple Moving Averages under Review - Antero Resources Corporation (NYSE:AR)
- Record number of terrorism arrests made in United Kingdom in past year
- Daniel Dae Kim In Talks To Join 'Hellboy' Reboot After Whitewashing Controversy
- Falling consumer demand hits John Lewis