Right now, Chesney is focused on helping the area he loves so much recover.
Hurricane Irma has been leaving a lot of destruction in her wake, and as she tore through the U.S. Virgin Island of St. John, country singer Kenny Chesney's home took a direct hit.
"When you live in an island community like the Virgin Islands and you see how attractive it is everyday, you become close with a lot of people and they become your extended family", said Chesney. He recently called in for an interview on HLN's Morning Express with Robin Meade to discuss the devastation. However, the singer did not seem too concerned about his personal property. "I know the No Shoes Nation is mighty". "That place and the people mean so much more to me and my house", he said. "That place and the people mean so much more to me than my house.it's just devastation". I have a feeling once we have our plans in the place, they'll be there again.
"I'm gonna do everything that I possibly can to try to relieve some stress from people that I've really grown to love over the years, who has meant so much to my life". They've shaped me as a human being. "To see that devastation and to see what it is today, when I was just there last week, is really heart breaking".
The Category 5 hurricane has reached 180 miles per hour winds, and it hit Puerto Rico on Wednesday night after hitting a string of small northern Caribbean islands.
(Radio.com) Country music star Kenny Chesney is the latest musician to reach out to those affected by Hurricane Irma with the launch of the Love for Love City Foundation. Chesney encourages fans to donate to his Love for Love City Foundation in the meantime, and he has also set up a special page on his official website selling specific merchandise that will directly benefit the foundation. He is also back in the studio to record a song which will then be produced and sold to generate money for the Virgin islands.
- Neuberger Berman Group LLC Increases Position in Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT)
- 10 petroleum companies reopen at Port Everglades
- Ballard Power Systems Inc. (BLDP) Closed its Previous Trade at $3.33
- Alibaba Billionaire Founder Jack Ma Pulls Off The COOLEST Michael Jackson Moves
- Brexit Talks Between UK, Brussels to Resume on September 25
- Obama Remembers LGBTQ Rights Icon Edie Windsor With Heartfelt Tribute
- Technical Chart Situation for Zions Bancorporation (ZION)
- United Kingdom authorities seize mafia boss Dawood Ibrahim's assets worth INR42,000 crore
- Labour to force vote to scrap latest tuition fee rise
- Senate Rejects Attempt To Repeal 16-Year-Old War Authorization