Not only has Sane won the company's first ever all-female competition but she's also been granted a shot at the vacant NXT Women's Championship at NXT Takeover: Houston in November. Or will Shayna Baszler stomp out that dream and make Sane tap, adding to the bragging rights of MMA's Four Horsewomen?
Baszler worked hard to become one of the better fighters in the mixed martial arts world, while Rousey rose to the sport's pinnacle. She came from behind each time with her spectacular flying elbow.
For her part, Shayna Baszler may have bigger plans on the horizon.
There is no word yet on who Sane's opponent (s) will be. A member of Ronda Rousey's stable of MMA Horsewomen, rumors have been circulating that Baszler, Rousey, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir may face off with professional wrestling's Four Horsewomen (Bayley, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair) in some context at the upcoming Survivor Series pay-per-view.
Sane topped Tessa Blanchard in the First Round, Bianca Belair in the Second Round, New Zealand's Dakota Kai in the Quarterfinals and Australia's Toni Storm in the Semifinals. With the Mae Young Classic Finale being one of Sin City's hottest tickets next week, luminaries from all walks of life will be in attendance for the all-important event.
- MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- New Suzuki Swift Sport revealed
- Qualcomm taunts Apple with a list of Android firsts
- Brexit bill passes first hurdle in Parliament
- The iPhone X will have wireless charging
- Hurricane Irma makes landfall on lower Florida Keys
- Cuba says 10 died in Hurricane Irma
- Gold drops as North Korea tensions subside - for now
- Philippine Congress Cuts Human Rights Body's Budget to $20 in 'Chilling' Move
- Yankees beat Rays on Mets' home field