Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel-Horwood has announced he expects same-sex couples will happen as early as next year.
"The Argentine Tango between two men is so powerful - it's explosive!"
In an interview on ITV's Lorraine, the Strictly judge discussed the recent controversy that has surrounded the show regarding same-sex dance pairs. "And... it's not just about sex it's about dancing".
You only have to decide who is going to go backwards.
And although Craig is known for his harsh marking, he proved that deep down, he's a real softy, adding: "It's great to celebrate anyone's sexuality. there's nothing wrong, I mean you can get married now can't you?"
The 52-year-old dancing pro then hinted we could be seeing same-sex couplings as soon as next year, as he added: 'There is no reason why it cannot happen.
It was confirmed at the weekend that there are "no plans" to have same-sex couples appear on Strictly Come Dancing.
This year's contestant Rev Richard Coles had championed the idea, saying: "We've had a discussion about it, actually, and I don't know". I think it will probably happen next year.
It comes after contestant Susan Calman told the BBC she was offended by criticism aimed at her over her decision to join the dancing competition despite the fact it doesn't allow same-sex dance partners.
She said: 'I think politically, there's nothing more powerful than having an openly gay woman on the biggest show on television, whose wife's on the front row, doing what she wants to do.
Reverend Coles said to Digital Spy that it makes "no sense" to keep the show purely focused on opposite-sex couples.
The BBC last week said there were now "no plans" to involve same sex pairings on Strictly at the moment.
"So I think a show like Strictly deserves to have the same treatment".
In response to the backlash she has faced on social media regarding her dance partner, she said: 'People can criticise me all they want, but I've worked tirelessly for LGBT equality my whole life and right now I would like to dance and bring entertainment to people by dancing on a Saturday night'.
- Irma now a tropical storm, but still lashing Florida and Georgia
- UK Lawmakers Back Brexit Bill Transposing EU Laws
- Liverpool's Mane to serve full 3-game ban
- Priyanka Chopra SLAMS Meghan Markle's recent interview over Prince Harry
- Pep refuses to explain Toure omission for Feyenoord tie
- ND President shares concerns over Senator's questioning of professor
- Seven Arsenal stars to sit out Europa League opener
- Luis Garcia: Liverpool can win the Champions League this year
- Paul Auster tops shortlist for Man Booker prize
- Shraddha Kapoor gets a special Hyderabadi treat from 'Saaho' co-star Prabhas!