"Hurricane Irma left a path of destruction throughout the entire state of Florida".
The Dolphins expect the Toledo-Miami (Fla.) college game, the next scheduled for Hard Rock Stadium, on September 23, to go on as scheduled.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not letting Hurricane Irma affect their weekend plans, as the team will be hosting the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon as scheduled, the franchise has formally announced. The game was initially set to occur at Miami's Hard Rock Stadium.
"We have been working tirelessly with the Tampa Sports Authority, as well as the NFL league office, to ensure that Raymond James Stadium would be available to host our season opener against the Chicago Bears this Sunday", said Brian Ford, the Bucs' chief operating officer, in a statement.
The Dolphins' first game at the stadium will be October 8.
The game will mark Tampa Bay's 2017 opener and the third straight season the Buccs have played host to the Bears, including last season's 36-10 Tampa Bay victory.
Also, No. 22 South Florida is resuming practice Tuesday and will play host to IL on Friday, also at Raymond James. They played at Wisconsin last Saturday and were unable to get home because of the effects of Hurricane Irma.
Engineers inspected the stadium canopy that was part of a recent $500 million renovation and found no issues, despite fears of a tornado in the area spawned by Irma.
The storm, which was almost the size of Texas, brought hurricane-force winds to Naples, Miami and Palm Beach, all the way up to Tampa and Orlando, with record floods in Jacksonville, Charleston and Savannah. Their season opener scheduled at home this past Sunday was postponed until November because of the storm.
- DOJ won't bring charges against officers in Freddie Gray case
- Vanguard MSCI EAFE ETF (VEA) Moving Averages Under the Spotlight
- UN Security Council Approves New Sanctions Against North Korea
- Georgia ports will reopen "as quickly as possible"
- Westend Advisors LLC Cut Position in Celgene Corp. (CELG) as Shares Declined
- Selena Gomez felt 'violated' during early years of fame
- Lions P Redfern out for the season with knee injury
- Which Way Is Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV (CBI) Trending?
- Industrial Production data for July 2017 up 1.2%
- Most Active Stock: Bank of America Corporation (BAC)ko