Fisher died last December and the next day her mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, died. Star Wars 7 marked Billie's acting debut.
Lourd called them "goddesses" and said it's been hard to express her feelings since they passed.
Lourd was one of the many actresses who auditioned for the part of Rey.
"It was incredible", Lourd said. But I went in and he ended up giving me this tiny role with a couple lines.
Because of that, Fisher realized that Billie should be an actress after all and told her to pursue it if she so desired. Until she saw how comfortable her daughter was in front of the camera.
But even so, after entering the Star Wars set, she still received some well-intended pieces of advice from Carrie. So it is really hard to know what to say about it because it's just so surreal and impossible to deal with, ' Lourd said about losing her mother and grandmother. This is one of the most uncomfortable environments in the world. "If you're comfortable here, you should act'".
Reynolds was best known for her roles in "Singin' in the Rain" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". And I think I ended up in that movie for a reason. "It was really incredible for us to get to have that experience together".
Fans can see Fisher in the new "Star Wars" film due out December 15.
Because of that, Billie Lourd jokingly congratulated Ellen for managing her so well considering Carrie Fisher would always take over talk shows in a sort of an "aggressive" way - according to the daughter!
- Hurricane Irma: Florida Keys facing potential 'humanitarian crisis'
- Hurricane Irma downsized to a 'tropical storm' as it grinds across Florida
- Analyzing Hot Stocks Using EPS Growth : Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE:FCX)
- USA stocks close higher as banks climb
- Amazon Seriously Considering Boston for 2nd Headquarters
- 2018 schedules for #Royals and #STLCards are set
- Rebel Wilson wins $4.5m defamation payout
- Stock Scrambling Higher Mid-Afternoon: Range Resources Corporation(NYSE:RRC)
- Technical Focus: Watching Shares of BlackRock Core Bond Trust (BHK)
- CJ Fiedorowicz Placed on IR with Concussion; Jaelen Strong Activated