To expedite repairs throughout the state, Georgia Power is responding to the outages with approximately 5,500 personnel from the company, other Southern Company operating companies and assisting utilities.
Irma tore through the state beginning in the early hours of Monday.
Georgia Power is reporting state wide more than 770,000 customers are now without electricity.
"Our focus is to get power customers back on line, get to normal as fast as we can", he said.
Autry said that the company is anticipating a "multi-day restoration event once linemen are able to re-enter the field".
As of 10:59 a.m. Tuesday, 2,405 out of Georgia Power's 86,325 customers in Muscogee County don't have electricity, according to the company's website.
In north Georgia, there were around 400,000 people still without power at 11 a.m. Tuesday. By 5 p.m., Georgia Power's online outage map showed that nearly 900,000 customers were without power throughout the state.
- Eyes Turn to Difficult-to-Predict Hurricane Jose
- Lara & Eric Trump Welcome Baby Boy
- Apple's New iPhone Release: What to Expect
- Irma weakens but 6.2 mn without power in Florida
- USA agency expected to find Tesla's Autopilot contributed to crash
- Bell Pottinger collapses after South African scandal
- South Korean top diplomat vows to respond to Pyongyang provocations
- Reports Of Active Shooter At New Hampshire's Biggest Hospital
- Apple Unveils Watch With Cellular Capabilities
- UN Security Council adopts new North Korea sanctions