The Supreme Court on Tuesday sought missing financial details of Bani Gala land purchase transactions between Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan and Jemima Khan.
In its short order, a full bench of the ECP, headed by Chief Election Commissioner retired Justice Sardar Mohammad Raza rejected Khan's objections to the commission's jurisdiction to initiate contempt of court proceedings and ruled it had the legal right to hear the contempt case.
Imran Khan has also not mentioned anything about buying the property in Jemima's name.
Hearing the argument, the CJP remarked that the court would thoroughly consider various issues highlighted in the petition with regard to money trail, foreign property, Bani Gala residence, and party foreign funding.
The court was hearing a petition, seeking disqualification of PTI chairman Imran Khan, when the bench noted that the contradictory stances have been adopted by the party counsel.
The chief justice asked as to why Imran did not disclose his London flat in 1997 nomination papers as it was very important in view of the recent judgment passed in the Panama Papers case.
Naeem Bokhari, Imran's counsel, stated in response to a question raised by the court that Jemima had transferred the money to Imran via the couple's mutual friend Rashid since he was an employee of CitiBank and could convert the money before handing it to Imran.
The court gave ten days time to Imran Khan to submit more documents. He said some $285,000 were transferred to Rashid's account. He, however, admitted that the transaction record of $100,000 could not be found.
Meanwhile, Abbasi's counsel Akram Sheikh had argued that it was necessary to prove the source of funds arguing over the money trail of Imran Khan's properties. Later, hearing of the case was adjourned till September 26.
- People walk on ocean floor amid receded waters from Irma
- Jaguars WR Allen Robinson Suffered A "Significant" Knee Injury Today
- Huawei Mate 10: The Front Panel Leaks
- Power out? You could be in the dark for a week
- UN Security Council adopts new North Korea sanctions
- Man shot dead in Clondalkin, Dublin, attack
- IAA Frankfurt 2017: Audi R8 V10 RWS
- Star Wars have announced that JJ Abrams will direct Episode IX
- Reports Of Active Shooter At New Hampshire's Biggest Hospital
- Eyes Turn to Difficult-to-Predict Hurricane Jose