But regardless of how you feel about these leaks and how they were covered, the truth is that Apple is ultimately at fault here.
The media player will also receive a major performance gain with a lot more computing power and 3GB RAM as opposed to its previous 2GB. Samsung has already revealed the MSRP for the all-new Note 8 and it created a new level of pricing in the flagship smartphone scene. The feature will unlock the phone using facial recognition software.
The keynote starts at 10am PST/1pm EST, although it likely won't get going exactly on schedule, and you can see it live on Apple's site... sorta. Here are some details about the upcoming iPhone launch.
When it comes to the iPhone X, Mr Long expects a "radical new look" that should extend beyond the likes of the latest models from smartphone competitors. However, the rear camera will likely remain at 12MP on both, though the Plus series will continue to come with the dual rear camera. iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus won't be getting an OLED, bezel-less display either unlike the special edition iPhone. Even the names of the new devices aren't clear: will we get the "S" iterations of the iPhone 7 in addition to a high-end iPhone 8? A voiceover from Jobs, Apple's co-founder who died in 2011, opened the event before CEO Tim Cook took stage.
One analyst, Katy Huberty of Morgan Stanley, thinks the new iPhone is nice, but ultimately cares more about the augmented reality technology Apple could announce.
As Steve Jobs used to say at these events, "But wait - there's more!".
With the release of its new phone, Apple hopes to recapture some of the early excitement surrounding its phones and convince critics the company is still on the cutting edge of tech innovation.
- US Supreme Court keeps tight refugee ban in place
- Trump spokeswoman Sarah Sanders wants DOJ to 'look at' prosecuting James Comey
- Hodgson hired as manager of Crystal Palace, replaces De Boer
- EU Continues to Request Humanitarian Access to Myanmar: Ambassador
- Mexico expels North Korean ambassador over nuclear tests
- Stock is up at $10.33 (PEI) PREIT Announces Redemption of 8.25%…
- Knight Transportation (KNX) Shares Declined While Dudley & Shanley LLC Trimmed Holding
- Sociedad Quimica y Minera SA (NYSE:SQM) Sees Significantly Higher Trading Volume
- A Reporter Helped Rescue Two Dolphins in the Hurricane Irma Aftermath
- Storm Aileen to bombard Lincolnshire with 75mph winds overnight