His assistant Francisco de Miguel Moreno addressed the media at the pre-match press conference and he confirmed that Lejeune and Yedlin are in contention for the game, while also providing an update on the health of Mbemba.
Swansea head coach Paul Clement yesterday wished Benitez a "speedy recovery" when he spoke to journalists yesterday.
Newcastle secured their first win of the season before the global break by beating West Ham 3-0, but boss Rafael Benitez is likely to be disappointed that he was not able to add to his squad before the close of the transfer window. They also failed to score in two of their three games so far this campaign.
"He wanted to come and the family obviously they said, "Okay, it's your health, you have to take care of yourself" and we are trying to convince him". Clearly, Rafa's worked with them.
You can see why Swansea are favourites at [2.56].
"For me, it's very important that I keep working".
Clement was also asked about the return of Shelvey to the Liberty Stadium, where he could get a hostile reception from home fans.
Newly-promoted Newcastle are set to welcome back midfielder Jonjo Shelvey, who is available for selection after serving a two-match suspension following a reckless challenge on Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli in the season opener.
"It was a good result because we were getting a lot of stick and I think it has been unfair".
"We have all been in constant contact with Rafa as always and while he is very keen to be back on the training pitch, he is in good spirits".
Recovering from injury itself is sort of a mental battle - it's the first battle you have to face when coming back from a long injury, just having the strength to do the little things.
But not only have they been replaced with the returning Wilfried Bony, the hard-running Sam Clucas, on-loan Chelsea starlet Tammy Abraham and one of Europe's hottest prospects in Renato Sanches but they've banked a load of money in the process, too.
"We'll check him over when he comes in, but I have no reason to believe there are any problems".
- Mark Uth's double for Hoffenheim condemns Bayern Munich to first defeat
- Horry, Georgetown counties are not being evacuated as Hurricane Irma threatens Florida
- Bears lock up DE Hicks with $30M deal
- Troy Gentry Helicopter Crash Questions Over Pilot's Decision to Hover
- Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde backs Ousmane Dembele to get better
- Pregnant woman set on fire; suspect arrested
- National Weather Service in Amarillo Gathering Crucial Data to Track Hurricane Irma
- CBI registers corruption case against Jayanthi Natarajan, searches her home
- Local weather experts help track hurricane Irma
- Killer Irma Turns Toward Florida's West Coast After Thrashing Cuba