During an interview on CNN's "New Day", Alex Wubbels, a nurse at University of Utah Medical Center, said she stood her ground and stood for what was right.
The FBI has opened a probe into the Utah police detective who was seen in a viral video arresting a nurse for refusing to provide a blood sample from an unconscious patient, Reuters reported on Friday. Wubbels said she felt both apologies were honest and that she looks forward to working with both to "promote further civil dialogue and education".
"I was scared to death", she said.
She said she feels betrayed by the police officers and by the university police and security.
A supervisor speaking via speaker phone tells the officer that Wubbels is only the messenger and he is making a mistake "threatening a nurse", at which point Payne says "we're done" and arrests Wubbels, dragging her outside and pushing her against a wall before handcuffing her and taking her to a patrol auto. He then said the nurse was under arrest, before placing her in handcuffs.
Utah cop who arrested nurse over blood draw fired from second job
Reuters was not able to contact representatives for Payne, who has been placed on administrative leave by the Salt Lake City Police Department over the incident, which made headlines when Wubbels' lawyers released the body camera footage.
The Rigby Police Department in a statement on Facebook identified the patient as William Gray, one of its reserve officers.
The department said Gray was "severely injured" in a vehicle accident during his full-time truck-driving job.
Barker stressed that a "color of law" review, which examines whether law enforcement officials exceeded their authority, was a preliminary step that may or may not lead to a formal investigation.
- I told Dembele to join Barcelona says Kylian Mbappe
- Heavy volume of traffic escaping Hurricane Irma
- Technical Review on Shares of SSP Group PLC (SSPG.L)
- Nadine Coyle reveals reason behind Girls Aloud split
- Cruises cancelled as Hurricane Irma tears through the region
- BCCI announces fixtures, venues for homes series against Australia, New Zealand
- Hit Reality Show Gets Its First Celebrity Edition
- Trump administration to re-write rules on campus sexual assault
- Maher: 'Inconvenient Truth' That Climate Change Deniers' Homes Are In Irma's Path
- Out of a tragic, destructive event, people show they can unite