I'm not going to transcribe them here because, despite Barnette's claims, neither she nor her ideas are particularly smart.
"VOTE FOR ME!" mayoral candidate Kimberley Paige Barnette had posted.
The chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party condemned a Republican Charlotte mayoral candidate on Tuesday after the candidate marketed herself on Facebook as "smart", "white", and "traditional".
We shouldn't "encourage more lower-income people to [come to] Charlotte", she said, according to local press.
"The Charlotte mayoral contest will be decided based on who can best promote public safety, provide economic development, and improve critical infrastructure needs", Hayes said.
In answering a question about the protests in Charlotte last September, when a police officer shot and killed Keith Lamont Scott, Barnette said protests are "expressive of Democratic behavior".
"We believe that bringing people together starts with the Republican belief that government should deliver critical government services in a colorblind way", he said, "and in a society that judges all people by the content of their character, rather than the color of their skin".
'We should attract higher-income people'. "Other people judge me". I say I'm white.
She has stated her opposition to allowing transgender people to use restrooms that correspond to their preferred gender because of cases in the past where "males that were in the bathroom" would 'scare children'. Others describe themselves as example transgenders.
She also apparently isn't very keen on First Amendment rights, remarking, "As mayor, what I would like to discourage is assembly ..." I do not judge other people. I accept others as who they are. "I have traditional conservative views when it comes to family and friendships".
- National Basketball Association star Dennis Rodman: my karaoke nights with Kim Jong
- Nikki Haley: Kim Jong Un is 'begging for war'
- Russian tensions open new front of concern for Trump
- Vandeweghe takes 1st set vs Pliskova at US Open
- India, Japan condemn North Korea's nuke test
- Kylian Mbappe excited by 'extraordinary' chance to play with Neymar at PSG
- With Irma Already Looming, Another Tropical Storm Forms in the Atlantic
- Caution rules in markets amid Korea, hurricane worries
- Trump, Turnbull discuss North Korea in call
- Begala: Why Trump caved to Pelosi and Schumer