- The two countries also signed agreement to cooperate in "Medical Products Regulation" and in the field of health and medicine.
PM Modi is now on a three-day bilateral trip to Myanmar.
He also said that registration of over two lakh companies had been cancelled as those had been found to be indulging in laundering of black money.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi offers prayers at Kali Bari Temple in Yangon. "Based on the feedback of the diaspora we have undertaken numerous measures for the diaspora", PM Modi said. He also said that India and Myanmar need to rebuild their relationship. It is noteworthy that during his 35-minute address, PM Modi did not allude to the Rohingya Muslim crisis.
■ We want all stake holders to work towards preserving Myanmar's unity and territorial integrity: PM after talks with Aung San Suu Kyi.
The digital PM stressed that the suggestions given to him via the Modi app were very useful and he has taken much suggestion and implemented them.
In his tenure, Narendra Modi has 69 foreign visits to his credit, which also includes the recent Myanmar visit.
■ PM Narendra Modi: We would like to contribute to Myanmar's development efforts as part of our "Sabka saath sabka vikaas" initiative. "PM @narendramodi with the State Councillor Aung San Suu Kyi", external affairs ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted. Some 40,000 Rohingyas are said to be staying illegally in India, PTI reported.
"I thank the people and Government of Myanmar for their exceptional hospitality during my visit to the handsome nation of Myanmar", Modi said in another tweet.
Prime Minister Modi began his tour on Sunday (September 3) and attended the plenary session of the ninth BRICS summit in China's Xiamen, where he called for a greater cooperation between the BRICS member-nations for ensuring global stability and peace.
Suu Kyi thanked Prime Minister for taking a strong stand on the terror threat that Myanmar faced and assured India that 'terror would not be allowed to take roots in her country'.
It is his first bilateral visit which comes at a time when Myanmar is in transition.
India seeks to boost economic ties with the resource-rich Myanmar, with which it shares a 1,600-km (1,000-mile) border.
- Berenberg Bank Has Decided To Upgrade Victrex Plc (LON:VCT) Shares
- Boy's Heart Stopped After Taking One Bite of a Hot Dog
- Hurricane Irma decimates Barbuda
- Putin says progress on North Korea impossible without dialogue
- Red, white and blue: 4 Americans left at US Open
- Russia's Putin: Trump administration has shown desire to defuse N.Korea tensions
- Nonstop Flights From Indy to Paris Taking Off in 2018
- Huawei Leaps Over Apple To Emerge World's Second-Largest Smartphone Company
- Newell Brands Cuts 2017 Normalized EPS View
- North Korea Sends Delegation to Russian Federation for Forum with South Korean President