Jimmy Fallon and a lot of late night television were off over the labor day holiday, seemingly missing a chance to use their television shows to make a difference. The Tonight Show airs at weeknights at 11:35 p.m. ET on NBC. "But in the face of this tragedy, we saw good", Fallon told his audience after returning from a two-week hiatus. But while we may disagree over the proper handling of Donald Trump's hair or whether a game of beer pong counts as a "joke", we can all come together in agreement with The Tonight Show's pledge to give $1 million towards Hurricane Harvey relief.
"Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon announced Tuesday that his program has pledged $1 million to J.J. Watt's Houston Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. "Neighbors helping neighbors, strangers helping strangers", he continued. He noted the generosity of Mattress Mack, a business owner that opened his stores and showrooms to those who needed shelter, as well as a group of people who formed a human chain to save a man from a flooded SUV.
Houston Texans football star JJ Watt announced a fundraiser after Hurricane Harvey struck Texas, hoping to reach a goal of $200,000. Watt's fund has now raised over $20 million to provide food, water and shelter for tropical storm Harvey's victims.
Celebrities aren't just helping with monetary donations either, as singer Rita Ora spent time volunteering in a centre in Dallas, Texas, last week, and Miranda Lambert's foundation MuttNation has been working to rescue lost pets who have been left stranded by the disaster.
- Alexis Sanchez: I am exhausted of criticism
- Ares Commercial Real Estate Cor (NYSE:ACRE) Trading Volume Significantly Lower
- Philippine Army Says Two Indonesians Rescued From Abu Sayyaf Captors
- More explosive components found near Paris
- US Students' Scores Inch Up on Latest ACT
- SpaceX to launch top-secret military vehicle
- Box-office: Baadshaho touches Rs 50 crs, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan going strong
- Which Insiders Are Selling Mondelez International, Inc. (MDLZ)?
- Oonchi Hai Building 2.0 is Finally Out!
- Mancini 'favourite for West Ham'