Facebook is, of course, well aware of this, so it's trying to give it a much needed boost by tying it in directly with Instagram.
Navarra's screenshots show that Instagram users will be able to see an additional option to share their Story to Facebook. On Facebook, they'll appear as normal apart from a small "Instagram" label beneath the user's name to denote where it was originally shared.
It is now testing this service and many users have seen a new option to share photos and videos which are created with Instagram.
Pioneered by Snapchat and later copied by Facebook, Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp, Stories feature is one of the most popular ways of sharing updates with friends and public followers on social media nowadays.
Let's admit it; Facebook really wants people to view Stories on its main app. "We have no other plans to share at this time". Pictures taken from Instagram's in app camera can be posted to Facebook Story. Last month TechCrunch reported that Facebook was testing Stories on desktop with an expected feature rollout later this year. But Facebook's attempt to integrate them into its core app has completely bombed (despite prominent placement) and just isn't clicking with users. However, none of this has helped the abysmal usage of Facebook stories. "We have no other plans to share at this time". It's entirely possible that Facebook could decide not to move forward with this, but it does present the opportunity to further promote its Stories feature and keep Snapchat's growth at bay. The Next Web claims that this is now being tested to a small fraction of users.
Instagram Stories might soon make its way to Facebook.
- Dolphins-Buccaneers game likely postponed until November
- Putin says progress on North Korea impossible without dialogue
- Sanctions doubts grow as North Korea warns of 'gift packages' for US
- Destiny 2 won't receive in-game Clan features for "several days"
- Here's How Prince George's First Day At School Will Unfold
- Mourinho takes serious shots at Arsenal boss Wenger
- United Nations confirms almost 125000 people fleeing Myanmar's Rakhine for Bangladesh
- Russian Federation friendship rock solid: Sushma
- Malacañang to Trillanes: Prove Paolo Duterte is triad member
- Red, white and blue: 4 Americans left at US Open