The Dutch manager has experienced a very hard start to his time with the London club.
The south London club even contemplated axing the Dutchman during the global break after losing their first three Premier League games without scoring.
It is understood that Palace have thought long and hard about sacking De Boer during the global break, with the 47-year-old needing to indicate a willingness to change his approach to stand any chance of clinging on to his job. Ed Malyon of The Independent also reports that the former Ajax coach is on the brink and he is prepared to change his tactics for Sunday's game to hold onto his job. As a result, De Boer is now set to abandon his prefered three-man defence and adopt a 4-3-3 formation, which would seemingly provide greater for defensive stability.
One other possibility is that former manager and club legend Dougie Freedman will be given a chance on an interim basis, which would be in itself an interesting proposition to fans, given that he quit the club previously in order to assume the reins at Bolton.
Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish admitted to Sky Sports News last week he is concerned about the club's start to the season, with pressure already beginning to build on de Boer.
After a month of umming and ahhing Palace opted for De Boer as Big Sam's successor in the Eagles dugout in June - just under eight months after his embarrassing 85 day spell at Inter Milan came to an end.
"The long-term development of a football club by a manager can not be more than what is going to happen this year and by the end of next year I have got to try to keep my job by getting enough results". Yet, less than two months later, De Boer looks like he'll be on his way out of the club.
Bookmakers have had De Boer as favourite, to go for a number of weeks but now he is odds-on and his prices are getting shorter and shorter.
The club are reportedly interested in trying to coax Allardyce out of retirement, while Roy Hodgson has also been mentioned as a potential replacement for De Boer.
- Nonstop Flights From Indy to Paris Taking Off in 2018
- Iamgold Corporation Ordinary Sh (NYSE:IAG) Sees Significantly Higher Trading Volume
- Birmingham becomes England's candidate to host 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Ellen DeGeneres Reflects on Being Gay in Hollywood | iHeartRadio
- Everton striker Rooney will ditch booze for Coleen and Koeman
- Red, white and blue: 4 Americans left at US Open
- US not 'putting up with' N. Korea actions
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in New Delhi after two-nation tour
- The Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR) Receives Daily News Sentiment Rating of 0.10
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. Named the Next Bachelor in Shocking Reveal!