Via is a US -founded startup that has already proven itself in New York, Chicago and Washington D.C. It utilizes a mobile-app to supplement existing transportation networks, relying on an algorithm that matches searchers with a vehicle that best matches their route. Adding to the strategic investment, Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Vans unit will contribute $50 million to the new partnership. The venture with New York-based Via will be open to cooperating with public-transport authorities for licensing, Daimler said.
Via has focused on developing, from the ground up, a scalable and on-demand shared ride solution.
Via is re-engineering public transit from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network that provides an innovative supplement to existing transportation networks. We have the financial resources that are required for this growth path..
The Via service works by connecting multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to share a vehicle. By digitizing our financing and mobility services, we can transform our business processes to meet the needs of current and future customers. For Daimler Mobility Services, Volker Mornhinweg will be joining Vias board of directors. This includes overseeing the brands Car2Go, Moovel, and MyTaxi, along with managing the company's partnerships with Blacklane, FlixBus, and now Via. It also stands out from its competitors by only charging a flat fee. "The goal is to move faster from the idea to the product or business model", the company said in an announcement. Daimler AG had 2 analyst reports since October 24, 2016 according to SRatingsIntel. Daimler AG has a 52 week low of €59.01 and a 52 week high of €73.19.
Daimler AG, through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, production, and distribution of passenger cars, trucks, vans, and buses in Germany and internationally.
For more content like this, check out the 17th annual Auto Finance Summit, which will take place on October 25-27 at the Wynn Las Vegas.
- North Korea Sends Delegation to Russian Federation for Forum with South Korean President
- Boy's Heart Stopped After Taking One Bite of a Hot Dog
- Lewis: Ravens Didn't Sign Kaepernick Because Of Girlfriends Tweet
- Latest Rumours on Philippe Coutinho, Emre Can Contract
- Arie Luyendyk Jr. Named the Next Bachelor in Shocking Reveal!
- Serge Aurier reveals what he did to earn Tottenham move
- Gold soars, North Korea tensions rise: Aus shares to open higher
- Mata believes Man Utd can win the Premier League
- Destiny 2 Listened & It Showed
- School bans skirts: 'We chose to have the same uniform for everybody'