Bale met Woodburn at a friendly match that saw them sit next to each other due to Bale missing the game due to injury.
"[Woodburn] is one that did train with us in some of the junior ages, but some of the countries are able to fast-track them more quickly and of course that appeals to some of the kids".
'We should have enough experience in that dressing room, ' said captain Ashley Williams.
"We want to make sure we use that on Tuesday against Moldova".
Despite their travails in the group - Moldova's only points have come from two draws against Georgia - a 10,400-capacity crowd is expected at the compact Zimbru Stadium.
Despite the fact that Wales hit four goals the last time they played Moldova, it's not a bad price for unders, considering that their five most recent matches have seen less than three goals.
The Moldova captain was duly booked as Bale rose gingerly to his feet, but the challenge seemed to stir the hosts as Alexandru Dedov and Artur Ionita tried their luck from distance.
Wales were nearly ahead after 19 minutes when a quick break saw the goalkeeper Ilie Cebanu fail to hold Bale's shot, but neither Ramsey nor Robson-Kanu could force the rebound home.
There was no shortage of effort in the first half from Moldova, but the home team were left with pot shots from distance and set-pieces as their only hope of breaking through the Welsh defence in the first session.
Woodburn scored just 261 seconds after coming on to win his first cap and boost Wales ahead of Tuesday's qualifier in Moldova.
Hal Robson-Kanu taps the ball in at the back post.
Aleksander Kolarov struck the only goal of the game in the 55th minute to help Serbia claim a 1-0 win over the Republic of Ireland. "He has had a massive impact in both games and what a player he already is", the Stoke City man said. Ireland winning would have been better.
They refused to panic, though, and sparked by Woodburn's raw enthusiasm and some patient, productive play from Joe Allen, they gained the victory they craved and their play-off destiny is now in their own hands. It's theirs to lose.
"If we have to get through the play-off, no problem". Absolutely, no problem at all.
As a result of the promise that he was showing, he was awarded with a competitive debut for the Reds last November during their 2-0 win over Sunderland in the Premier League. Fifty per cent is done. We have a huge game in Tbilisi next, we have to try to keep it alive and keep going.
Ramsey was in the think of the action once again on the stroke of half time as he blazed a shot over the bar when in a good position to the frustration of the travelling fans.
- Xiaomi unveils first stock Android device
- USA stock market jittery over worries about North Korea's missiles, Hurricane Irma
- BRICS Summit: Beijing's 'LeT, JeM' position victory for New Delhi's diplomacy
- 'More questions than answers': Md. campuses react to decision ending DACA program
- Lil Wayne Released From Hospital, Taking Two Weeks Off
- Ryanair has scrapped its free 10kg carry-on bag policy
- Oregon's Eagle Creek Fire jumps river and ignites fire on Washington side
- Late Wood goal earns United States 1-1 draw with Honduras
- USA crude rises as refineries return; gasoline slumps to pre-Harvey levels
- Britain's Bell Pottinger explores sale options after S. Africa scandal