"Naturally we focused on the threat posed by North Korea".
In a discussion described as "warm and constructive", the two leaders agreed the regime represents a grave threat to regional stability.
Sanders also said that the rest of the world, including Russian Federation and China, must do more to address the North Korea threat.
They welcomed China's support for United Nations sanctions and its efforts to increase pressure on North Korea, but agreed China still holds substantial economic influence which should be used to bring the regime to its senses and restore stability on the Korean peninsula.
"While we both recognise that China is not responsible for North Korea's conduct. A conflict would be catastrophic, everyone understands that", he said.
The two world leaders said it was time for the worldwide community to exert maximum diplomatic and economic pressure, both agreeing China has the greatest leverage of the rouge nation.
The transcript pointed to the call being much more heated than either leader had originally claimed, with Trump at one point saying "this is crazy" in relation to honouring an Obama-era agreement with the Turnbull government to transfer up to 1,200 refugees from Manus Island and Nauru detention centres to be resettled in the United States. "I will be there again and again".
Meanwhile, Labor leader Bill Shorten will head to South Korea and Japan with his foreign affairs spokeswoman Penny Wong in September.
"A change of government will not affect Australia's strong support for both nations at this unsafe and challenging time".
Defence Minister Marise Payne, who is travelling to South Korea, is aware of reports Pyongyang may use this weekend for another test.
- Colombia vs Brazil live streaming free
- Hundreds stuck inside Lucknow Metro after technical glitch on first public run
- Lil Wayne Released From Hospital, Taking Two Weeks Off
- Late Wood goal earns United States 1-1 draw with Honduras
- Harvey victim funds may be delayed without debt limit increase: Mnuchin
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. New England Patriots, Week 1
- Lenovo K8 Plus Unveiled with Dual Cameras, Multimedia Experience, Huge Battery
- England to host India for 5 Tests, 3 ODIs & T20Is in 2018
- Al Wilson, Calvin Johnson announced as honorary captains for Tennessee-Georgia Tech
- Asia in the Red on North Korea Turmoil