The Trumps arrived later Saturday in Louisiana to meet with more victims. The hurricane has caused devastating floods and the deaths of dozens of people.
Watt has raised over $17 million to help Houston recover from the effects of Hurricane Harvey and due in part to this, the fans want to honor him by naming the highway that bears his number after him.
Really, I think people appreciate what has been done.
Wide receiver Braxton Miller drew a crowd, and he said he was happy to take selfies with fans and sign as many autographs as he could if it put a smile on the faces of those affected by the storm. "However, that said, when you consider the hundreds of thousands of homes that have been destroyed and impacted by this, we need to understand, this is going to take a long time", said Abbott. He also mentioned that the Federal, state, and local responses were fantastic and he noted there was a lot of love, The Wall Street Journal reported.
They then moved on to a church in Pearland, where Mr Trump praised officials' "terrific" rescue effort.
The Texas governor said the hard work for rebuilding starts now. Special people, ' he added. It was the second time that President Trump and Melania have visited Texas this week, and the second trip is being called a "do over" journey that gave President Trump and Melania time to get up close and personal with survivors of the storm. Yesterday we had water and today it's all swept up and cleared up.
There are now at least 63 deaths related to Hurricane Harvey after it dumped several feet of rain on southeast Texas in a matter of days, CBS News confirmed Monday.
"Phase two is what's going to happen with all of the money", he said. The governor said that the State of Texas might need over $125 billion in aid.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences confirmed 29 storm deaths on Saturday, all but one of which were accidental drownings, nearly half of the death toll so far. As you'll see in the video, one young woman broke down crying about how she could not bring herself to talk to the commander in chief because she was "angry" about his past comments about Mexicans. "America is with you!"
"It's important for a president to show that he's empathetic and caring, and the last trip was a disaster", Manley said.
- New Zealand beats Solomon Islands 6-1 in World Cup qualifier
- Onam images 2017: Malayalis celebrate this as festival of Rice Harvest
- Lenovo K8 Plus Unveiled with Dual Cameras, Multimedia Experience, Huge Battery
- Australia defeat Thailand 2-1 in nail-biting 2018 World Cup qualifier
- Tumhari Sulu Poster: Vidya Balan, Is That You? 'Har Contest Ki Winner
- Shah Rukh Khan's Son Aryan Is Bollywood Ready!
- USA crude rises as refineries return; gasoline slumps to pre-Harvey levels
- Pinnacle Associates Ltd. Has $6.07 Million Position in Freeport-McMoran, Inc. (FCX)
- BRICS Summit: Beijing's 'LeT, JeM' position victory for New Delhi's diplomacy
- Oregon's Eagle Creek Fire jumps river and ignites fire on Washington side