An air quality ADVISORY has been issued for today, but there are no longer any air quality ALERTs now in effect.
The contents of our air can be risky and put people at risk because wildfire smoke is made up of water vapor, a mixture of gases, and fine particles produced when wood and other organic materials burn.
Both forms of reporting the data use color-coded categories to show when air quality is good, moderate, or unhealthy but the difference is that WAQA shows the health effects of pollutants at lower levels than the AQI does.
Conditions were once again Hazardous again in Seeley Lake and Thompson Falls was also reporting Hazardous air Tuesday morning.
The department issued a rare, statewide air quality advisory September 5.
Air quality was the talk of the state Tuesday.
"Smoke can affect anyone, but it's especially harmful to seniors, children and people who have existing breathing problems like asthma or emphysema", said Sacramento County Public Health Officer, Dr. Olivia Kasirye.
"Fire smoke covers majority of [Northern California]".
Limit outdoor activities and seek resources as needed.
The mid-valley will see relatively cleaner air beginning Wednesday, Cullen said.
Sveland cautioned against any outdoor exercising, and he said there's not much people can do in the short-term to avoid the smoke.
According to a Six Rivers National Forest news release, fires across the forest totalled 89,392 acres and were mostly at varied levels of containment. But the air quality improvement will be gradual as there is so much smoke in the air, he said.
Benenati suggested that concerned residents should pay attention to Air Quality Index monitors, one of which is located in Corvallis.
Doctors tell KTVB the best thing someone can do if they're sensitive to all of this smoke is to stay indoors.
People who do not have an air conditioner and feel it is too warm to stay inside with the windows closed should try to seek shelter elsewhere.
For 24-hour Air Quality Advisory Information, call toll-free at 1-866-BURN-DAY (1-866-287-6329). But students could choose not to participate if they were concerned by the smoke.
Showers chances are slim, but it looks like we could see an isolated shower or two by the end of the week.
- Great British Bake Off: Viewing figures down following Channel 4 move
- Onam images 2017: Malayalis celebrate this as festival of Rice Harvest
- Donald Trump to wind down 'Dreamer' scheme for migrants
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN) Closed 6.9% Above Its 50 Day Average
- Locky ransomware: Several Delhi-based firms' systems locked
- Australia defeat Thailand 2-1 in nail-biting 2018 World Cup qualifier
- Woman cuts-off Husband's Penis because………
- ELN ceasefire to begin on October 1
- YouTube update brings low-latency streaming, new tools for easier chat moderation
- UP police arrest key accused doctor in Gorakhpur tragedy