The immigration policy allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the United States as minors to avoid deportation and to work legally.
There are 800,000 such people nationwide.
"We love the Dreamers - we love everybody", the president said in the Oval Office, surrounded by faith leaders after signing a proclamation of a day of prayer.
Georgia and about a dozen other states are in support of Trump reversing the DACA program.
"I strongly believe that children who were illegally brought into this country through no fault of their own should not be forced to return to a country they do not know", Arizona senator McCain said in a statement.
"You can try and do things right", he said, "and you can still find yourself in a situation like mine". The White House said Trump will announce his decision Tuesday on whether to terminate the program.
Already, 29 bipartisan mayors have called to keep DACA. Our nation has made an investment in their future that not only transformed their lives, but also had widespread economic benefits for all of us.
"Every week for the next two years, US employers will have to terminate 6,914 employees who now participate in DACA at a weekly cost of $61 million", the report from CATO said.
A group of those young people, known as Dreamers, is on a hunger strike in downtown Racine. Legal scholars predicted DACA would be declared invalid within a year. The decision to end DACA is consistent with that goal.
"I spent a lifetime here", Garnica said.
- Al Wilson, Calvin Johnson announced as honorary captains for Tennessee-Georgia Tech
- Prostate cancer remains a killer
- FEMA numbers put Hurricane Harvey relief needs into perspective
- Late Wood goal earns United States 1-1 draw with Honduras
- Texas Governor Thinks Harvey Damage Could Increase To $180 Billion
- DACA rally draws support from Yale, New Haven
- USA crude rises as refineries return; gasoline slumps to pre-Harvey levels
- Colombia vs Brazil live streaming free
- Malayalam actor Dileep back in jail after performing father's rites
- The QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Position Decreased by Doheny Asset Management CA