The immigration policy allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the United States as minors to avoid deportation and to work legally.
There are 800,000 such people nationwide.
"We love the Dreamers - we love everybody", the president said in the Oval Office, surrounded by faith leaders after signing a proclamation of a day of prayer.
Georgia and about a dozen other states are in support of Trump reversing the DACA program.
"I strongly believe that children who were illegally brought into this country through no fault of their own should not be forced to return to a country they do not know", Arizona senator McCain said in a statement.
"You can try and do things right", he said, "and you can still find yourself in a situation like mine". The White House said Trump will announce his decision Tuesday on whether to terminate the program.
Already, 29 bipartisan mayors have called to keep DACA. Our nation has made an investment in their future that not only transformed their lives, but also had widespread economic benefits for all of us.
"Every week for the next two years, US employers will have to terminate 6,914 employees who now participate in DACA at a weekly cost of $61 million", the report from CATO said.
A group of those young people, known as Dreamers, is on a hunger strike in downtown Racine. Legal scholars predicted DACA would be declared invalid within a year. The decision to end DACA is consistent with that goal.
"I spent a lifetime here", Garnica said.
- Asia in the Red on North Korea Turmoil
- Lil Wayne Released From Hospital, Taking Two Weeks Off
- FEMA numbers put Hurricane Harvey relief needs into perspective
- 'Who's That Girl' Round I: Madonna vs. FedEx
- Texas Governor Thinks Harvey Damage Could Increase To $180 Billion
- Shah Rukh Khan's Son Aryan Is Bollywood Ready!
- England to host India for 5 Tests, 3 ODIs & T20Is in 2018
- Supes mull local health emergency due to smoke
- BRICS Summit: Beijing's 'LeT, JeM' position victory for New Delhi's diplomacy
- Xiaomi unveils first stock Android device