Keep in mind that the game hasn't even officially been released yet.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is showing no signs of slowing down.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is a very popular game and I have been playing the game since it was first introduced on Steam as an early access game. The practice has become more lucrative since the launch of premium crates during the Gamescom Invitational, as the rarest cosmetic items that can be acquired from them can be sold for hundreds of dollars in the Steam marketplace, including a skirt that players are buying for $300.
The game also hit a new concurrent players mark of over 970,000 units. DOTA 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are both made by Valve, the creator of Steam, so being able to beat these titles on Steam is a massive feat.
Making these milestones more impressive is the fact that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds isn't even finished yet.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is now available on Steam Early Access and will launch for the Xbox One as part of Xbox Game Preview in late 2017.
Selling 10 million copies would be an achievement for any game, but for an indie title that is only available on PC, and isn't even fully released yet is pretty insane. That's no surprise, as everyone is getting in on the fun with streamers, tournament players, and others hanging out in-game. The aim is to be the last player or team standing as a safe area on the map shrinks over time, forcing players closer together. In comparison, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has only sold 3.92 million copies from March to July.
Bluehole is looking to clamp down on players that spawn into PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds only to intentionally idle to collect Battle Points (BP).
- India vs Sri Lanka, T20I, Preview
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) shows Price to Sale ratio of 0
- Woman charged with fraud over Grenfell Tower fire
- Jermaine Kearse expected to start Sunday for Jets
- Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU) Shares Sold by Baldwin Investment Management LLC
- Modi reshuffles cabinet: A fulltime woman Defense Minister
- Resident doctors embark on "total and indefinite" strike
- BidaskClub Lowers Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) to Sell
- PSG has 'nothing to hide' in probe, say president
- Mnuchin says Congress Must Raise Debt Ceiling while Approving Harvey Aid