Amidst tight security, Dileep was escorted from the prison to his residence located just over one kilometer from the Aluva sub-jail where he was lodged. Last week, a magistrate court granted him the permission to attend his father's rites.
Kochi: Kerala Congress (B) leader and MLA K.B. Ganesh Kumar on Tuesday lent his support to beleaguered actor Dileep, now in jail in the actress assault case. At that moment, his wife Kavya Madhavan, daughter Meenakshi and other family members received the actor with the heart of emotions.
According to a report in Online Manorama, scores of people gathered to get a glimpse of Dileep, who was arrested on the charges of criminal conspiracy in the sensational Malayalam actress abduction and molestation case. He has been strictly asked to follow the instructions of the investigating officers and Dileep promised not to misuse the court's order.
The ceremony was attended by close relatives.
Kerala police have tightened the security arrangements after an information that the actor's fan association would hold marches in the city.
On July 10, in a shocking turn of events the actor was arrested for his alleged involvement in the abduction and assault of a lead Malayalam actress.
The court, however, extended his judicial custody until September 16. Well, the hearing on Dileep's bail petition is still in process. Dismissing the bail petition, the court ruled that the investigation in the case was still progressing and there appeared to be no substantial change in circumstances since the previous bail plea.
The young actress was abducted and assaulted in a moving vehicle in Kochi on the night of February 17. Pulsar Suni eventually led the probe team to Dileep.
- Great British Bake Off: Viewing figures down following Channel 4 move
- Ex-aide to Israeli PM arrested in submarine probe
- YouTube update brings low-latency streaming, new tools for easier chat moderation
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (HBAN) Stock Price trades -3.92% off from 200- SMA
- FEMA numbers put Hurricane Harvey relief needs into perspective
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Position Increased by Murphy Capital Management Inc
- Tyson Foods Inc (NYSE:TSN) Institutional Investor Sentiment Is 0.75
- Australia defeat Thailand 2-1 in nail-biting 2018 World Cup qualifier
- Later School Times Could Save The US $9 Billion Yearly
- Star India wins IPL media rights for Rs 16347.5 crore