According to analysts, Apple is not looking to increase its profit margins with the imminent launch of the iPhone 8 and is definitely not looking to piggy back on the bezel-less smartphone's pre-launch popularity thanks to all the hype created since previous year.
This brand new iPhone will undoubtedly be the star of the show.
This will result in a components' price increase of $80, meaning that in order for Apple to maintain similar margins of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, it will have to price the iPhone 8 at $900.
Apple's new iPhone will come with a new design and features, the handset will be the first iPhone to feature an edge to edge OLED display.
There've been consistent rumors that the iPhone 8 will have new color options available, and new colors sell well - the jet black options of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were incredibly hard to come by for months.
To get a British price, you need to factor in the plunging value of the Brexit-bashed pound has caused the price of consumer electronics to shoot up in the UK.
A leaked design also suggests that there will be a curved glass back and even a fingerprint scanner on the back.
According to the latest rumours, the 10th anniversary iPhone's 64GB variant will debut with a price tag of $999 (about SGD1351.13), reported leaker Benjamin Geskin (via Mashable). This means you won't have to pair it with an iPhone to be able to get messages, emails, download apps, songs, etc. but it won't be able to make calls on its own. It also makes the device as expensive as a MacBook Pro laptop.
Another rumor is that Apple will be releasing a variety of "Smart Bands" that will have a specific uses, such as one that can function as a glucose monitor.
- Kohl's Solidifies Ties with Amazon
- De Gea tells Spain teammate Ramos of his Real Madrid concerns
- What's at stake for the Socceroos
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc
- Amit Shah programme's booking cancelled by Kolkata stadium
- Hurricane Irma Crosses Barbuda, to Hit Florida in 3 Days
- Eii Capital Management Inc. Trims Holdings in Realty Income Corporation (NYSE:O)
- Rockwell Collins, Inc. (COL) Lowered to Neutral at Seaport Global Securities
- Microsoft to hold Surface keynote in London next month
- Numbers in Review for iShares Edge MSCI Intl Momentum Factor ETF (IMTM)