Chile have enjoyed great success in recent years but qualification for next summer's World Cup is in doubt after back-to-back defeats over the last week.
Following the Bolivia game Alexis Sanchez has taken to social media to vent.
Arsenal's crisis doesn't seem to end too soon as rivals Manchester City continue to plot bid for the Gunners star forward Alexis Sanchez. He will therefore miss next month's qualifier against Ecuador.
Though many visiting squads find it hard playing here, which sits 3,650 meters (11,975 feet) above sea level, the last time Chile lost a World Cup qualifier here was 17 years ago, reports Efe. He never understood how the game had to be played.
"And the worst, that no one ever realises how that makes you feel. I wear the number seven of Chile and it is a huge responsibility, that's why I'm sorry that journalists and bad people criticise without knowing".
Alongside the photo, he wrote (translated from Spanish): "And the moment comes when you get exhausted".
TWITTER The Spaniard possessed remarkable ball control and could glide past defenders
Pep Guardiola failed with a £60m move for Sanchez on deadline day but will re-approach Arsenal with massively reduced offer mid-season.
"You get exhausted to tell yourself "I will get up again" after crying about a defeat, and you get exhausted telling the world and the people that are with you that everything is okay".
Sulantay said thatAlexis was more anxious about his situation at Arsenal and now that he wasn't transferred, he will have serious problems.
Chile have dropped to sixth in CONMEBOL qualifying, two places and one point adrift of fifth place, the intercontinental playoff spot now occupied by Argentina.
Only the top four sides will qualify directly for the tournament that is to be staged in Russian Federation.
- England to host India for 5 Tests, 3 ODIs & T20Is in 2018
- Al Wilson, Calvin Johnson announced as honorary captains for Tennessee-Georgia Tech
- Food workers strike in St. Paul for $15 minimum wage
- BRICS Summit: Beijing's 'LeT, JeM' position victory for New Delhi's diplomacy
- Trump, Turnbull talk North Korea, floods
- Hundreds stuck inside Lucknow Metro after technical glitch on first public run
- Lil Wayne Released From Hospital, Taking Two Weeks Off
- USA stock market jittery over worries about North Korea's missiles, Hurricane Irma
- USA crude rises as refineries return; gasoline slumps to pre-Harvey levels
- President Trump to Announce Decision on Immigrant Children Program