Sylvester Stallone just dropped a major hint at a possible 2018 release date for Creed 2. The post marked the latest tease from the "Rocky" creator regarding a sequel to the Oscar-nominated "Creed", which chronicled Rocky's training of Adonis Creed (Jordan) as he attempted to follow in the footsteps of his father, Apollo (originally played by Carl Weathers). After going the distance with light heavyweight champion Ricky Conlan (boxer Tony Bellew) in the first film, it appears that Adonis will face a challenge from returning Rocky IV antagonist Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren). Jordan portrayed the role of Apollo Creed's troubled son.
In July, Stallone said in an Instagram post that he had finished the 120-page screenplay for the sequel from 439 pages with a photo of his handwritten draft. Stallone had previously said he'd like to start filming Creed 2 in early 2018. The fact that Rocky is quite sick by the time the film ends throws into question whether he would reasonably be popping up in Creed 2.
"Creed" turned in a solid box office performance with $173 million worldwide. Although it was confirmed that Stallone himself would pen the script for the upcoming movie, his character's poor condition indicated strongly that the sequel would most likely take place after Rocky's death. The movie still feels a long way off from actually being made, but Stallone is setting a realistic goal assuming he can find a director sooner rather than later.
Back in January 2016, "Creed" star Sylvester Stallone spoke to Deadline about his initial reaction to Ryan Coogler's desire to create a Rocky film.
And now, we got this.
- German Coach Loew Condemns Fans' Nazi Chants
- Shia LaBeouf won't return for Indiana Jones 5
- Turnovers doom Jackets in thrilling 2OT loss to Tennessee Volunteers
- J&K: 2 Terrorists Killed by Security Forces in Sopore
- Joel Osteen defends Lakewood Church over Harvey response
- Extremely Rare Translucent 'Ghost' Lobster Caught off the Coast of Maine
- England 2 Slovakia 1
- Trump praises "terrific" rescue effort while visiting Texas & Louisiana
- Man Utd To Get Griezmann In January?
- Rahul Gandhi to visit Maharashtra on September 8