Coates' roster spot seemed to be in jeopardy the moment Pittsburgh drafted JuJu Smith-Schuster out of USC.
Adding a young wide receiver with potential, Cleveland is smartly using their vast draft capital accumulated through offseason trades with Houston and Kansas City. Coates has 22 receptions for 446 yards and two touchdowns and has averaged 25 yards per kickoff return in his career so far.
"You have to be ready for anything", Coates told ESPN's Josina Anderson after the trade.
The Steelers have traded Sammie Coates to the Browns. His production plummeted from there and his future seemed in doubt after he missed part of training camp following minor knee surgery. He returned to catch four passes for 21 yards in three preseason games. "We do a lot of diligence, our pro groups are always tremendously well-prepared and organized so it'll be a long night and morning but hopefully we can find some young guys who can help us on our roster".
Coates will get a chance to play against his former team in Week 1 as the Steelers visit Cleveland.
- India most corrupt country in Asia Pacific region
- Payne would like another baby before marrying Cheryl
- Samuel's big game ignites SC in opener
- US Open: Cilic crashes out; Shapovalov in last-16
- Former RBI governor Raghuram Rajan admits warning govt about unplanned demonetisation
- Wayne Rooney: 'Romelu Lukaku flawless player for current Manchester United side'
- Essex Property Trust, Inc. (ESS) - Barclays Maintains Rating And Updates Price Target
- LG Reveals V30 Smartphone at IFA
- Shiv Sena unhappy over Modi Cabinet reshuffle, says 'NDA is almost dead'
- Germany on quick qualifying course with 2-1 win over Czech Republic