In the standing table of World Cup Qualifying - CAF of Group B, the team Zambia is in the third place with one point and the team Algeria is in the fourth place with one point.
The result in Lusaka moves Zambia up to second in Group B after three matches, five points behind leaders Nigeria. The Copper Bullets did achieve a 1-1 tie against Cameroon away from home in their latest game in these qualifiers and this should be a winnable game at home.
The result all-but ends Algeria's hopes of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation, but keeps Zambia's slim hopes alive.
Mwila added a second after 32 minutes, this time with a close-range shot after Algerian goalkeeper and captain, Rais Mbolhi, failed to keep hold of the ball.
Algeria took the game to their hosts after the break and pulled a goal back in the 55 minute through Yacine Brahimi, whose unstoppable left-footed strike from the top of the box gave goalkeeper Kennedy Mweene no chance.
But Zambia's nerves were calmed in the 88th minute when Enock Mwepu fired in a, low shot after coming on as a 56th minute substitute for Chisamba Lungu.
"Nigeria lead the group but I believe Cameroon can beat them on Monday and hopefully we also win our game".
All the goals came during the second half with Max-Alain Gradel breaking the deadlock on 53 minutes before Doumbia netted twice within seven minutes during the closing stages.
Ivory Coast were another side apparently on the brink of a meltdown after an underwhelming start to Marc Wilmots' tenure and a disappointing first-round exit from the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year.
Gabon were without their talismanic forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who was not available for this fixture. Both the teams have played two matches so far.
Three minutes later Zambia suffered a setback when Fashion Sakala was sent off for a second booking.
- United States reportedly sends bombers, stealth jets over S. Korea as tensions rise
- 10-year-old girl beaten, doused in hot sauce, dragged by car
- Patriots trade Jacoby Brissett to Indianapolis Colts, reports says
- Justice Department: No evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped
- Dileep gets two-hour leave from jail for father's remembrance day
- Sharapova swats away Wozniacki's US Open court complaint
- Highway Patrol will target impaired drivers over Labor Day weekend
- 'We will not run out' of fuel, Texas governor says
- Amazon Nabs James Gunn's 'Starsky and Hutch' Reboot
- Huawei Unveils 10nm Kirin 970 Chipset with Dedicated NPU & Cat.18 LTE