These tweets are completely at odds with what Everton owner Farhad Moshiri said on transfer deadline say.
There has also been talk of interest from Liverpool, who have recently hijacked Arsenal's bid for Thomas Lemar from Monaco.
The 32-year-old penned a two-year contract with Mauricio Pochettino's side after passing a medical.
Technically he will be with us because he is under contract for another year.
Barkley scored five goals and recorded eight assists in the Premier League last season as Everton finished seventh.
Frank de Boer fears he will be sacked as Crystal Palace manager as early as this weekend following post transfer deadline talks with the board.
Barkley was one of several high-profile players to turn their back on a move to Chelsea this summer, along with Fernando Llorente, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Romelu Lukaku and Danilo.
Phil Jones says his ban for abusing a doping official after Manchester United's Europa League victory was unfair.
The 23-year-old England global, whose contract expires next summer, is now sidelined with a bad hamstring injury which means he may not play again this year.
The Blues ultimately made the biggest effort to bring him on board, but they will now have to wait until the New Year before launching a fresh raid.
- Top seed Pliskova survives scare to advance at US Open
- Nirmala Sitharaman is the new Defence Minister
- NKorea says it has advanced H-bomb
- Bad boy Fognini facing boot from US Open
- WWII bomb causes two cities to be evacuated
- Change Tory song, not just the singer, says Heseltine
- Leah Remini claims Scientology pressured her to convert Kevin James
- New entrant in union Cabinet, KJ Aphons an inspiration for country's youth
- Trump, SKorea's Moon Agree to Boost Seoul's Missile Capabilities
- Broncos release three-time Pro Bowl safety TJ Ward