His proclamation came one day after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R.) signed an order designating Sunday as a day of prayer in Texas, which has been devastated by Harvey in recent days.
Can you speak to what the president and what his family have done regarding donations for Harvey relief personally?
Mr Trump also visited Austin during Tuesday's trip, when he met with officials at the state emergency operations centre.
Trump pledged that his administration would work tirelessly to help the region recover. For example, during Trump's campaign he made several promises to release his tax returns at various stages of his campaign, and upheld none of them.
Regarding immigration status, Bossert and Sanders said there is no decision at this time as to whether Mr. Trump will end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, a program that protects some immigrants who arrived in the US illegally while they were still children. The president did not mention those who died in the storm or those forced from their homes.
Some on social media pointed out that groups Trump has been accused of demonising have been prominent in their offers of help for flood victims.
"What a crowd, what a turnout", Mr Trump declared before waving a Texas flag from atop a step ladder positioned between two fire engines.
We'll be eagerly awaiting Hannity's rant about Trump's own dishonest statement about what he "witnessed" in Texas.
THANK YOU to all of the incredible HEROES in Texas.
"Was there a reason the President didn't talk that much about the people who were actually killed in the storm, the people who were displaced, who have been left homeless?" There are human beings in eight feet of water.
But Trump is not backing off billions of dollars in proposed budget cuts in agencies involved in disaster management or his decision to leave some leadership positions vacant. White House budget director Mick Mulvaney urged lawmakers in a letter outlining the aid request to "act expeditiously to ensure that the debt ceiling does not affect these critical response and recovery efforts".
- Amazon Nabs James Gunn's 'Starsky and Hutch' Reboot
- 'We will not run out' of fuel, Texas governor says
- Froome retains Vuelta red jersey with strong mountain finish
- Johnson outshines Spieth and McIlroy at TPC Boston
- North Korea: China again urged by May to use its leverage
- Huawei Unveils 10nm Kirin 970 Chipset with Dedicated NPU & Cat.18 LTE
- Change of Command aboard the Space Station
- Patriots trade Jacoby Brissett to Indianapolis Colts, reports says
- Highway Patrol will target impaired drivers over Labor Day weekend
- 10-year-old girl beaten, doused in hot sauce, dragged by car