He made 11 league appearances and 10 in various cups, scoring 7 in those appearances.
The 28-year-old had his No. 9 shirt taken off him for summer signing Alexandre Lacazette without even being consulted.
Arsenal understood that and I'm grateful to them.
One player who did land a move away was England global Oxlade-Chamberlain, who completed the formalities on his transfer to Liverpool.
What a topsy-turvy transfer deadline day that was.
A statement from Arsenal wished Perez well but did not say whether Depor have an option to make the move permanent next summer.
While Stevie Nicol defends Mesut Ozil at Arsenal, he feels Riyad Mahrez could offer Arsene Wenger's side a bit more. Sad to see you go.
"It's important for me to be playing games".
The "shaaambles" hashtag refers to Oxlade-Chamberlain's nickname, rather than being a comment on Arsenal's dealings.
However, a potential stumbling block could be that the player himself is keen on a return to Spain with his former club.
The Costa Rica global looks set for a sixth loan spell away from the Emirates Stadium, one of which saw him turn out for Betis in the 2012/13 season.
Perez returned to previous side Deportivo for the season while Costa Rica global Campbell signed a similar deal with Real Betis.
Incredibly, it's the sixth time Joel Campbell has gone out on loan from the Gunners.
Perez was not helped by Alexis Sanchez shining after being moved to a centre-forward role nor Olivier Giroud's strong form as the first-choice alternative, while Danny Welbeck's return to fitness midway through the season only pushed him further down the pecking order.
- Seven girls killed in fire at Kenya high school
- Is North Korea winning deterrence war with US?
- Samuel's big game ignites SC in opener
- LG Reveals V30 Smartphone at IFA
- Temple Police Looking For Missing 22-Year-Old Student
- Sitharaman gets Defence, Goyal made Railways Minister
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD) Experiences Heavier than Average Trading Volume
- Texans-Cowboys preseason game is canceled; team returns to Houston
- Refs Steal a 73-Yard TD from Missouri for "Excessive Celebration"
- Is Fossil Group, Inc. (FOSL) a good buy?