Tony Bellew doesn't want to see Conor McGregor box again but he thinks a fight with Paulie Malignaggi will happen on St Patrick's Day next year. "Come on. UFC's making a whole lot of money". "Now I'm the 155lbs champion, now if he wants that fight, he must come down - that's a fair trade".
Mayweather claimed a victory over McGregor with a 10th round technical knock-out. He's sparred with Andre Ward, he spars with a lot of top fighters.
Boxing and UFC pay-per-view events are typically priced between $50-60, however Mayweather-McGregor was set at $99.95.
With the commercial success of the UFC and boxing, cross fights have the potential to become more regular and as entertaining as a fight between the best pound-for-pound boxing and MMA fighter matches in the world.
Following McGregor's tenth-round TKO loss to boxing great Floyd Mayweather last weekend, "The Notorious" is understandably aiming for an octagon return, and not surprisingly, he's aiming for Diaz in what would most likely be the biggest payday for both men. On Tuesday, White did his best to make amends when he guaranteed refunds for anyone who purchased the fight through UFC Fight Pass but was unable to watch. At the corporate office where I work, colleagues were discussing their respective weekends and nearly everyone (both men and women) were talking about how they watched the fight and enjoyed the spectacle. He was actually paying homage to the movie "Dead Presidents", while quietly taking a shot at how easy he felt it would be to beat the UFC lightweight champion in a boxing match. "So there's much more of Conor McGregor that everybody will see, and we'll see what's next".
Since that meeting ended, I haven't been able to stop wondering exactly what it was that made this event so compelling to the mainstream. "I've felt it before, so that's why I kept coming straight ahead", Mayweather said during the post-fight press conference.
After record setting pay-per-view buys and fight purses it seems that everyone wants a piece of the pie, and why shouldn't they?
- Samsung gets DMV's OK to test autonomous cars in California
- Kendall Jenner breaks silence over Pepsi ad controversy
- More than 100000 displaced by flooding in central Nigeria
- Ceasefire violation by Pakistan BSF Jawan martyred
- Bomb test a 'deliberate poke in the eye' to China
- Nebraska, Arkansas State Comes Down To The Final Play
- Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump meet with Hurricane Harvey evacuees
- Trump sends $7.9B Harvey aid request to Congress
- On Chinese border, North Korea nuclear test shakes ground, but not routines
- Brendan Schaub Explains Backstage Altercation with Nate Diaz After Mayweather vs. McGregor