Just four minutes into his global bow, and yet to touch the ball after coming on as a substitute, the ball dropped to Woodburn, who took the ball down superbly, shifted the ball onto his right foot and unleashed a sublime long-range strike past Heinz Lindner, sparking incredible scenes at the Cardiff City Stadium. "I won't sleep tonight".
Watch Gareth Bale try an incredible overhead kick against Austria, only for Heinz Lindner to superbly parry the effort away!
Wales manager Coleman said: We called it before the game that there would be chances at either end.
"20-25 minutes to go, still 0-0, but we have a strong bench - it is a great game for young Ben Woodburn to make his debut because they don't come much tougher than that with that much pressure. He added real value to the rest of the guys".
Wales are back in action again on Tuesday when they face Moldova in Chisinau.
Woodburn has already earned nine appearances for Liverpool across all competitions, scoring one goal, which came against Leeds in the EFL Cup last term.
"On the balance of the second half, I think we were the stronger team", he added.
After his sensational performance at the European Championships in France, where the Welsh national team really managed to impress with their game and character reaching the quarter-finals, Coleman was expected to be at least as bright as the helmsman in the World Cup, but so far the Welsh specialist and his players are not pleased with their results. "We will be okay if we do what we did in the second half".
- Taylor Swift Makes "Very Sizable Donation" for Harvey Relief
- Louisiana schools chief: Prepare for students displaced by Harvey
- Sitharaman gets Defence, Goyal made Railways Minister
- Warm and sunny weekend expected, cooler temps coming Monday
- Some Harvey survivors also survived Hurricane Katrina
- Samuel's big game ignites SC in opener
- Is North Korea winning deterrence war with US?
- Johnson fires up, McIlroy, Spieth in lacklustre start
- Atletico Madrid tell Diego Costa to return to Chelsea after transfer failure
- Stroll becomes F1's youngest front-row starter with star Monza display