The incident also marked the fourth such involving a USA warship this year. Ingram was 28 years old.
Two fatal crashes involving Navy vessels in recent months came after years of warnings from congressional investigators and military officials about overworked crew and shorter training schedules, according to a new report.
Divers discovered two of the sailors Thursday: Petty Officers 3rd Class Kenneth Aaron Smith and Dustin Louis Doyon.
"These sailors answered the call to serve this nation and defend its values, and we will be forever grateful for their service and their sacrifice", Cuomo said.
The waterway is one of the world's most congested shipping lanes.
Search crews had been combing a large stretch of sea east of the Straits of Malacca and the punctured vessel's crew berths, machinery and communications rooms since the August 21 wreck.
The McCain sustained heavy damage to its port side in the collision, but was nevertheless able to sail back to dock in Singapore, where it was met by the USS America. In June, seven sailors were killed in a separate incident when the USS Fitzgerald hit a cargo ship off the coast of Japan.
Adm. Scott Swift, commander of U.S. Pacific Fleet, visited the 7th Fleet last week during the change of command.
Although search efforts will now be mostly focused on the damaged destroyer, the task can still be a hard one.
"We ask everyone to keep the families and friends of those affected by this bad tragedy in your thoughts and prayers", they said.
Swift reported that in his meetings with McCain sailors and family members in Singapore, "what was very apparent to me was the toughness and the resilience that makes our sailors and families so special". "What changes need to be made will be made".
- Major Texas levee breached; residents urged to 'get out now'
- Nursing home residents evacuated from Harvey flood waters
- Mexico Reiterates Refusal to Pay for Trump's Wall
- Heavy Rainfall Brings Mumbai To Standstill, Trains Delayed
- Halo VR and Steam Content Heading to Microsoft's Mixed Reality Headsets
- Illinois Senate Approves School Funding Plan, Gov. Rauner Says He'll Sign It
- WhatsApp will soon have verified accounts for businesses with green tick
- Apple iPhone 8 and new Apple Watch 3 could wirelessly charge simultaneously
- Murray pulls out of US Open with hip injury
- Celtic re-sign Patrick Roberts on loan